The Red Blade
|Starts with||Old Ten|
|Ends with||Old Ten|
|Quest Chain||Path of the Warrior|
|This quest line is the intro chain for Berserker class.|
Walkthrough & Notes[edit | edit source]
Lilin wants you to gain complete control over the god of rage sealed inside of you. Until you do, the original inhabitants of the island can never return -- including her know-it-all big brother.
You aren't against her goal. You also want to control the rage inside so that you can use its power. The old man thinks you should work together, and has even offered to train you himself.
You can't wait to turn that training against him...
Rewards[edit | edit source]
Quest Text[edit | edit source]
Bestowal Dialogue[edit | edit source]
- Old Ten: Come with me, both of you. We'll meet at the red greatsword in front of the training yard.
- Old Ten: I have much to tell you.
Quest Completion[edit | edit source]
- Old Ten: You've probably gotten so used to this greatsword that you don't even notice it anymore. But starting today, that's going to change.
- Old Ten: Lilin, this greatsword is what he needs if he is going to seal away the god of rage for good.
- Old Ten: This was that god's weapon. If you can control this blade, then you can control the god that wielded it.
- Old Ten: That is why you need to trust Lilin. To master the weapon, you must master your own rage.
- Old Ten: If you can't do that, then the day you take up this greatsword... is the day that disaster falls upon us all.
- Old Ten: Just as it did long ago, when the demon god Maha awoke on Rien Island.
- >Soooo... if I can master this weapon, I won't just be stronger than you. I'll be stronger than a god?
- Lilin: That isn't a bad angle. And then I could claim to have trained the world's greatest fighter...
- Old Ten: I hope you two are taking this seriously!
- Old Ten: There is no need for you to leave the island. I'll train you personally. But, in exchange, you need to work with Lilin to get your rage under control.
- >We've got a deal, old man. Lilin, I look forward to training with you.
- Lilin: I've never heard you speak so politely before! It's creeping me out.
- Old Ten: See? You're already influencing him for the better.
- Old Ten: Follow me. We'll begin your real training right away.
Objective[edit | edit source]
- Examine the Red Greatsword (0/1)
- Speak with Old Ten